Old 03-22-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Well... Someone I care about very much... Tommy.... He is an alcoholic. A sweet person by any measure. I helped get him in the car to be taken over to the hospital yesterday. Just got word his kidneys are shutting down.

His body is on a track that is now seemingly unstoppable. Possible but for only those in otherwise good health. We shall see.

He is at the point of minerals building up in his joints. Mild mini seizures. Painful movements. Unsteadiness in walking. Confusion. He complained Friday morning when I saw him but it progressed.

All from drinking. I have known a few that have passed from drinking. But Tommy is someone who I love. A sweetheart of a person.

Tommy is not beyond recovering from the impossible. He was run over and dragged under the car back in 2009. Went to see him in the hospital and he met the incident with his usual calm approach to any other thing in his life big or small.

I see tommy every weekend morning. Saturday and Sunday we spend time over coffee... The news... Reading the paper. The hour or so after I get done at the gym has been a routine I would miss if I could not stop to see him. Bring him the plates of food from my weekend cooking adventures. Getting the reviews of what was good and maybe what wasn't. Although he always liked everything.

Hope I get another weekend coffee time again but probably not. Hopeful as much as hope can allow.