Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MrsD

Yes, you remembered correctly, we're pretty newly married.

Just another word about the "ups & downs" of this existence, followed by a little bit of a venting rant at the end: This morning my 16 year old son asked my husband to take him to the park to work on tennis with him, since he has a match coming up & the husband is quite the tennis pro. He gladly took him & worked with him. That kind of thing makes me crazy happy. (Remember I work for crumbs.) They came back at noon, my son came in house, and when the coast was clear, AH ran back out to his car & grabbed beer from his trunk, came in, poured it into his infamous plastic cup, and went to his computer claiming "work assignment."

I noticed that he was on Facebook instead, looking up people he went to high school with, sadly browsing their pics, seeing what a "great life they have now," in comparison to his I guess. He sat there drinking & depressed. He does this often. I think a lot of people do that kind of thing but don't realize:
1) If they have a "great" life now, its probably because they worked extremely hard all their lives to get there. There was probably a lot of self-discipline & sacrifice involved. And 2) I, too, have a great profile pic on there, standing next to a handsome husband with a perfect smile, my 2 sons & 2 step sons by my side, beautiful young men all dressed up & smiling in their collared shirts & ties. No one on the outside would ever look at that picture & realize that the handsome man pictured next to me is an alcoholic, that he pees the bed at night and wanders the house out of it and half dressed; that he doesn't contribute financially, that we live below the poverty level and have no health insurance, that I'm all alone dealing with the difficult behavior & social issues of a mildly autistic child.

Probably someone I went to school with is sitting at their computer, enviously looking at that picture of "perfection" too.

Ok, rant over.