Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Butterfly
Baby Steps

I agree with Honeypig no you wouldn't throw a sick person out on. The street but he's not doing anything to help himself get better infact he continues to drink and refuses to get help and as for would you really give up on someone you love?? Manipulation he has given up on himself and there comes a point where you have to prioritise your own needs over his.

I always struggled with boundaries for many years he wasn't to drink in the house then I relented as I wanted him home, then he began drinking and driving so that was a new boundary, no driving drunk what did he do his friends drove him drunk and off their heads and his response was well you didn't tell me someone else couldn't drive drunk just that I couldnt arghhhhh!!! They will always push the boundaries especially if like me you have a history of not enforcing them.

I think you did the right thing by not engaging him last night when he was drunk it wouldn't have achieved anything. So he has broken your boundary what do you want to do now? When will you put you and your peace and happiness first?

It's hard to put you first I know but it does get easier with lots of practice. ((((Hugs))))