Old 03-20-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by soberforbaby View Post
I am willing to do that. One problem is my wife is an MD and can access all my medical records. I guess I can ask my family doc not to publish my problem electronically. I just cant tell my wife how messed up it all is. I've tried before and she just doesn't get it as a sober non-addictive person.
I can guarantee you that your wife knows. As much as we like to think we are hiding it, there is no possible way you can drink that much and live with someone without them being aware. Most likely she is in denial about it just as much as you have been in denial of your drinking.

I would not have been able to get sober without the support of my wife and 100% honesty with her on my end regarding my problem. She still probably doesn't fully understand it but she understands how important it is to me and supports me. She's also quite happy that i'm not drunk all day long anymore.

I would echo what Carl said - see a doc if you are concerned about serious withdrawals. I too tried it on my own and ended up in the ER - learn from the mistakes of others.