View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ilovemysonjj

Dear 2, Just saw your post. JJ started using (at least when we first found out) when he was 20. He stole a lot of our stuff, we got it all back from the pawn shop, he detoxed and we thought everything was back to normal. Nope. The first time he relapsed, we sent him to live with my mom in Virginia to get him away from his environment. Horrible idea, he used and abused her trust. He came back and started working at my company and was okay for about 3 months, he then moved out and all Hell broke loose about 3 months later. We let him come home (1st 5150) and within 2 months he had successfully re-stolen all of our jewelry. I got it back at the tune of $1750.00. I had him arrested in May 2011. He was in jail for 4 months, rehab for 4 months and then he went to sober living for 3 months. He then broke into our home in a drug craze and broke into our safe, stole AGAIN! This time he went "dark" for 3 months, no idea where he was. Jail AGAIN and Rehab for 4 months and finally after 13 months, we thought things would be different. We allowed him to come home, he lived again under our roof from 10-13 to 5-14. Tons of ups and downs, me finding stuff, him promising to quit, etc. He had a drug induced crystal meth incident that finally put me over the edge. We told him he had to get out. He chose detox, rehab and was "okay" for about 6 months. Then this last time he screwed up everything with his girlfriend, and here we are today with him at Salvation Army.

I learned the hard way. I helped enable so many times and I let the insanity back in my life. I have never stopped loving my son, I just cannot live with him. I hope and pray he really gets it this time. He is now 25.