View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MissM0

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement. Today has definitely been a hard day for me. I have taken all advice offered to me, I am appreciative of others thinking of things I hadn't. I have started counseling with someone who specializes in drug and alcohol addiction and family members affected by it, because I want to be able to learn to cope with everything and learn how to help him help himself. I have control of all finances and I have unlimited power of attorney over him as well. It was my fault for being negligent with the rent money, I was naive to put it somewhere he knew about, I'm still learning to not trust him at all. I never thought he would stoop so low to do anything like this in front of our son, but as I said, I'm trying my best to learn how to change my perception of who this drug has turned him into. I'm definitely in it for the long haul, I won't give up on him and will do everything in my power to help him find a recovery program that will work for him. But I had to make a really hard decision today, one that I'm not even sure was the right one. His dad called and told me that he showed up there, crying, asking him for advice on what to do and how to change his life. They talked for a long time and he's almost ready to finally consider residential or IOP. But I had to to put my foot down today and say that whatever he chooses to do I will support, but he can't come back here until he's stable. It broke my heart to say it, but I have to protect my son and his well being. He loves his dad so much, I don't want him to lose that image of him. I don't want my son to be afraid of his dad or feel like he's hurting me. It was hard, but it would have been selfish of me to welcome him back home after today, he needs help. I love him with all of my heart, but I just don't know what else to do...