Thread: Jekyll and Hyde
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by haennie View Post
Perceiving it as "another person" has the dangers, in my opinion at least, that if you keep cultivating that, you might just throw a lot of other things "on him" as well in the future and not deal with them as a whole. What I am trying to say is that it might lead to further disintegration instead of becoming a more complete person who can be responsible for his acts anytime.
That's why I was saying it's not my way of trying to wriggle out of any culpability. It's just an analogy, of course. I know that Jekyll and Hyde come from the same source: me, myself, and I. My point is that the crazy sh*t I did when I was out of my mind drunk are the things I am paying for now and I wasn't even aware I was doing them! Lucky for me, I was able to get back to sanity when I stopped drinking, instead of ending up with "wet brain" and being permanently drunk. There have been times since this last bender that I was afraid that had happened to me to some extent. I've heard it can happen suddenly, with no warning.