View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
insearchofsober

Hmm for the first time when i posted this i had cold chills/shakes ALL day into the evening. Thats why I posted it because it woke me up. I always knew I was a heavy drinker but when it starts effecting my health thats where it needs to slow down. I do not want to quit drinking entirely, as I do enjoy a few drinks, I just want to beable to say "ok, you have had enough for tonight." I am the same way, im public at bars I don't get (too) out of control, because I am aware of my surroundings but If i am just by myself I know I can get as drunk as I want without anybody knowing. In ways your the same as me with drinking habits but I never drank during the day or got the hallucinations or anything yet to require that type of detox. I am back to normal today just sluggish and feel "confused." I am sure it will take a good week to get it all out of my system back to feeling like ME again, which I haven't felt in ages. And as some have commented, its worth feeling like yourself than it is to feel drunk for a few hours then feel like ****, then repeat because you feel like ****, its a vicious cycle. I think the key is to drink just enough to where you dont feel like complete **** to where you need to drink (to get drunk) the very next day. Before you know it your tolerance just goes thru the roof and your drinking way to much and its not healthy. At least thats my story.