View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
malamute100

3 months sober terrible paws

I'm now 3 months sober and feel terrible.
This all began 5 months ago but after the awfull 2-3 weeks of acute withdrawlal I felt a bit better and started drinking again , not the the extent of before when I had my first panic attack and quit cold turkey but just a few double vodkas and beers here and there .
That was a bad mistake cause it brought on all the symptoms of acute withdrawal again .
I think I drank again cause I didn't really understand what was going on with me .
Since stopping compleatly in jan it's been a physical and emotional ride of symptoms and ive had to give up most my work , been way to poorly to work.

My reflection of the past 3 months is as follows. These are the symptoms :
Dizzyness like the floor moving , headaches , insomnia, terrible anxiety , physical depression, depersonalisation, social anxiety, blurry vision , foggy head, slight nausea, terrible stress sensitivity, high pitched buzzing sound in head
I have all but stopped living apart from walking the dog, shut myself off from my friends and find it hard to even go to the grocery store.

I do however belive I'm slightly better than I was , I've had more bad days than good. The symptoms are coming and going in waves.
I had a week of good days about 5 weeks ago but then all of a sudden on the way to see a friend the awful feelings overwhelmed me and come back . They then peaked after a few weeks then calmed down a bit .
Yesturday was my first what I call green day ( green meaning feeling good no symptoms ) in ages .
Today however has not been so great , woke up ok then the anxiety kicked in , I now feel as I'm writing this very foggy headed and my head is buzzing and feels like an elastic band is around the top
I belive I'm suffering paws and my neuro system is rewiring , that's the only hope I have as ive been dismissed from my Drs after he said there's nothing wrong with you .
Yep his correct , that's why I'm writing this , that's why I've stopped my career and lost most my income ..
I have had ct scan and mri scans all ok but I'm not ok at all.
I'm not craving for another drink and I don't mind if I never drink again I just want to get better.
I'm trying to stay strong and hope I can get through this , this site and the people on it have gave me hope
Thank you
Ps if you want to know my story leading up to this it's called 5 months of hell could it be paws