Old 03-15-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
brynn
...holds the key

Interesting discussion as usual...Morals: my morals, your morals, societal morals of western culture, and so on.

To thine own self be true. (That traditional program might use that quote, but it still totally rocks).

For ME, if I went out right now and drank, knowing everything I KNOW NOW about how destructive booze is for ME, then I would be engaging in an act against my own moral code. I know it in my heart, and as far as I'm concerned, that's the only thing that matters.
It might not be immoral for you....only you can know that.

All I know is that I know it's wrong for me. I put my life in jeopardy and other peoples lives in jeopardy when I drank, not to mention the worry and anxiety I caused those closest to me. I can't in good conscience live like that anymore. All I'm saying is that I'm making a moral judgement call for ME...not for anyone else. And that's the bottom line. Most people know when they are going against their own morals, and it causes a lot of internal friction and anxiety....not a fun way to live.

The rest of it is fun to think about and debate, but it really has nothing to do with ME being true to myself and what I know in my heart and mind to be right for me. I like the peace of mind being true to my moral code brings!