View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
walkinganewpath

Thanks Lexie for the advice - I know your background in this field and know how helpful you've been here on SR.

The police gave me a slip of paper for the Office of Victim Services. I contacted them before he saw the judge and based on the discussions we had the protective order was issued and he was court ordered to at least enter an outpatient treatment program as well as to stay sober and be subjected to random testing. I have to meet with the social worker at Family Services for the county court on March 24th. I'm not sure what the court intends in reference to his anger issues but for me some kind of anger management is a must that he pursue in addition to sobriety. I'm sure this is some of what will be discussed at the meeting.

I'm not currently pursuing a divorce but am not sure if I should still seek advice from an attorney right now. As it's Sunday I guess I don't need to figure out that today.

Thank you all again and I do hope that my sharing gives at least one other person the strength to listen to and trust their inner voice as well as have an emergency plan that can be executed quickly and quietly.