View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

You can find SOMETHING, SOMEWHERE on the Internet to support any hare-brained idea that exists. I remember having to explain to the teenaged son of the last guy I lived with the fact that there are websites purporting to "prove" that the moon landing was a hoax didn't mean you could believe that.

I could "control" my drinking for discrete periods of time. If I had a big project at work, I could keep the drinking on a "short leash" for a few weeks. If I was out at a work-related function I could have my responsible one or two drinks over the course of the evening. The second I didn't HAVE to control it, I drank my brains out.

One of the reasons I'm afraid of ever even contemplating picking up a drink is that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get insanely drunk right off the bat. I would probably have one, and apart from feeling bad and a little scared, I wouldn't notice much effect. But then it would start playing on my mind, and I'd decide it would be OK to have one "occasionally." And then "occasionally" would be once a week. And then "just one" per day. And very, very soon I would be drinking the way I did before. I'm convinced. One drink is all it would take to set that in motion.