View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
walkinganewpath

It wasn't until after the dust settled (well somewhat) that I realized how much my HP has been with not just me but all four of us. And if it weren't for Al-Anon I don't think I'd know it at all.

The kids and I had a peaceful Saturday - something that isn't usually the case here. We accomplished a few things around the house, ran some errands and used gift cards to go out for a belated birthday dinner (yes Wednesday was mine...not a stellar one for sure). We had a couple serious conversation moments and quite a bit of silly laughter as well. I got them a prepaid phone so their dad can call them since he can't call my cell or the house. Just a little flip phone but they were very excited about it.

At bedtime I hugged them both tight and told them that I had a really nice day with them. Yes my husband is an alcoholic and has caused himself and us a lot of anguish, sorrow, financial distress and now public embarrassment - but the fact that I have been able to find my HP and recognize moments of joy and peace despite it all are priceless.

Thank you all for being here. Never in my scariest nightmares did I think we would be going through this. By reading others stories it helped me know what 'could' happen and to be prepared while still holding on to some hope that AH can find his way.