View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DuhDave

There IS life after addiction !!!

Elton John told me so...and I just got a little taste of it tonight.

A couple of weeks ago me and the wife were talking about who we would really like to see in concert. I chose Elton John as #1 and Paul McCartney a VERY close #2.

The very next morning my wife called and asked if I knew Elton John was doing a concert in a city near us. I said I didnt know that he was.

Well...she told me that he was indeed...and she had WON TWO TICKETS to the concert !!!

A radio station was doing a promo and the "6th caller"...would get the tickets...and guess what. It was my wife !

The show was tonight and OMG what a show it was !!! I've been a Elton John fan for many years and he did all the songs I loved...and have memories of where I was when I heard "such and such" !!

Amazingly, he spoke briefly about his addiction days and made the comment that he and his career didnt really come "Alive" until he got clean.

Long story short...it really hit me right between the eye's...and this was Elton John talking to ME...in real time...in person!!!

There was 10,000 other people in that Arena but for just a few scant seconds tonight...Elton John was talking to ME !

It brought me to tears...the impact that it had on me. And then he launched into the next song..."Rocket Man" !!!

It may take a "Long Long Time"...but I will be SOBER and be "Rocket Man" again !!!

Sober...I can soar further, faster and higher than I have ever soared before...Beyond my wildest dreams...Just Like Elton John said he could...and did !!!

"Rocket Man" has no connection to any drug use or abuse. It simply states that a man, an astronaut goes to work and flies to Mars "5 days a week"...and nothing more.

It was a great concert...and all my favorites brought back flood of memories and emotions.

Very good memories...for the most part.

I'am truly grateful to have experienced it tonight. I hope I have not gotten "carried away" but I'am emotionaly "Charged" Just wish it would stick with me !

DD