View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

I am also glad you have joined us. I am one of the double whinners. I was a codependent who thought "can't fix them, Join them!!" and sunk into my own addiction.

Thanks to the people on this forum, as well as those in the substance abuse forum, I have found a life I never imagined.

We do the best we can do. I've buried my stepmom who died from an unintentional OD. I've recently found out that my niece, who I helped raise (along with stepmom) is addicted to opiates that stepmom gave her by the handfuls.

I just, silently, celebrated 8 years in recovery. I have accepted that I can only share my ES&H. I can't Fix anyone.

As a dear friend of mine told me, I am like a book in the library - I have a ton of ES&H, but I need to wait until my loved ones check me out. In the meantime, I live my life to the fullest, I do the responsible things.

It's hard, going it alone. I'm grateful for all the people here at SR who have been there for me for many years. Yes, they are cyber friends, but it doesn't matter. They get me, they get what I'm going through, and it makes a world of difference.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy