View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DisplacedGRITS
Crazy Cat Lady

i actually care about my life...damnit.

So I've been struggling/drowning with my alcoholism since my grandfather died back in November. My struggles with addiction have resulted in several late days at work and now my job is in jeopardy. It's not just that but that seems to be the sharpest of my pains. I love my job. I love, love, love my job. I've never been late or missed a day because I didn't earnestly want to come into work. Lately, I've often been late due to being hungover and generally angry with God and my life. I had peace with God until by Daddy Irvine got sick and died. Now, I kinda hate God and Don't trust anyone. I've become hopelessly self centered and self seeking and I simply cannot continue to live like this. That being said, I love my job and a lot of what I love is helping people and pets.

I just texted my boss and told him that I want to speak one on one with him. I'm waiting to hear back from an outpatient rehab center. I've left a message with my psych. I want to keep my job so bad and I want to get sober. I'm afraid of admitting my relapse to my employee but I'm afraid it's actually the best thing I can do to save my job. I need to be brutally honest with everyone in my life.

Does anyone have any tips for approaching an employer regarding addiction? He likes the **** outta me and I'm afraid of disappointing him but I also think he'll go to the ends of the world to accommodate me and give me a chance. I want to stay here. I love my job. I am not currently the same person they employed but I want to get back there.