Old 03-13-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Aellyce

I don't know... I came here first in 2011 and posted some sort of intention twice, a few months apart, that I wanted to quit drinking... got lots of good suggestions and pretty much ignored all of them. Nothing specific to reject, I just did not truly want to stop at the time, I think. Then again in 2014, and at that point I don't think I rejected any single piece of advice because I was sooo done and ready.

In general, I think what BuddinK said... probably that was also part of my issue in 2011 -- not ready to truly seek help, just a superficial cry. Then from my experience on SR in sobriety, another one I see, that often leads to relapse and disappearance of the person is that recovery requires consistent work, we can't just put and end to it and move on after a few months, or get distracted. And of course all the different levels of denial, when someone more experienced tries to point out patterns in someone's thinking or efforts that are not necessarily supportive of sobriety or could be potentially dangerous... and that is taken with resistance and different levels of frustration, which then never truly lifts, and the *** happens. Also the "not taking action" thing is discussed all over this place all the time, thinking and planning a lot, looking into resources, but not acting on them. And then again, resistance towards reminders.