View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Sounds like a good start, Justin. I think it's not necessary to define too many goals and in a lot of detail detail right now because the process will most likely guide and form them anyway. For me, when I first started, my questions and goals were mostly existential... the procrastination I mentioned, things about my career and my purpose with it, lifestyle stuff, do I need drastic changes in these or more just fine tuning, what's the place of sobriety in all this (or the other way around), etc. And for the timing ("why"), it was because this whole recovery thing initiated a lot of questioning and changes (that were already incubating for a long time, years, before that point), and it was time to tackle them. I was not too interested or concerned about my relationships and interpersonal life back then -- that came during the actual work and also from other areas of my life in the last year or so. Then reached a point that now ~it has become my primary area of focus with what I want to address in therapy (and in general), and hence the recent approach change mostly (I really want to get into this whole universe deeply now), plus my curiosity.

Good luck for Monday If you are nervous... a psychologist friend of mine likes to say that bringing something familiar (for you) may help... like something to drink or eat, or some music to listen to while you are going there... I've never tried any of these but did many times before job interviews and other meetings that made me nervous, long before I ever heard it as a recommendation.