View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Continued good thoughts for your sister and yourself, EG.

As I said earlier on this thread, I think I understand this kind of behavior somewhat: someone "strong", fiercely independent, very active, successful, prone to blocking out things that could go wrong (I think that is often required for a leader to be really successful), as long as it's possible. There have been quite a few people with similar tendencies in my life. It's not surprising to me that she has delayed emotional reactions at all. I hope she will find some peace eventually; it's fantastic that you can be there for her to the extent that you are. It's great that NYC certainly has some of the best doctors in fields that may be relevant to her condition.

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
In terms of medical problems (and perhaps many other things in life), when you don't know, your anxiety is generally out of control, and this adversely influences virtually every part of your life. (As with drinking, we continue to drink because of our anxieties around the problems that drinking brings, only making things worse.) When you do know, anxiety subsides or at least is transferred to something tangible, something that can be treated. You then have an opportunity to channel all that wasted fear, the wasted energy, by doing the things that are necessary to heal. Some people here might call this "acceptance."
I could not agree more with this.

Best wishes to both of you