View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

Most of the meetings in my area are non-smoking. The people can differ greatly at different meetings.

AA may not be for you...but after struggling for a long time, I could not break free from the Obsession/Drinking/Craving cycle. I must have been just a hopeless, weak-willed, Alcoholic...like they describe in the AA 'Big Book'. The 12 Step Program of AA, and the group of friends I made through the program, is what effected the Miracle that happened in my Life. I am well over a year, completely Sober..and FREE, thanks to AA.

You may not need AA, and it may not work for you, but there are innumerable numbers of fantastic people in AA, that are dedicated to sharing what they do to stay Sober, and how Enriched their lives are because of the 12 Step Program of AA.

I found that, even in the meetings I have gone to that my initial impression was that it was a waste of time, the statement made at the end of Chapter 2 in the AA 12 & 12 Book rings true, "EVERY AA meeting is PROOF that God Can & Will restore us to Sanity". I did notice that even the guys that ramble on about so much useless BS...many of them are staying Sober, which I could not do until I worked the 12 Steps.

God Bless you headcase. RDBplus3...Happy, Sober, and FREE