View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Aellyce

My procrastination tendencies were one of the main issues and goals that I wanted to address when I started therapy. It was a really bad one because I actually tended to procrastinate the very things that I liked best and found most meaningful. Like some sort of masochism. Cutting myself off from my best source of inspiration... then wondering why I have no motivation? Yeah I also procrastinated the whole therapy thing... it was something I wanted to do many years before I actually finally got into it.

I had these tendencies when I was very young, (in school, for example), then for a good while not much, and it came back with a vengeance as much drinking was getting worse and worse. Many of the "mistakes" I felt extremely guilty about during my drinking were coming from this... I tried to work on it by myself when I was younger, then when I was newly sober -- to no avail. Therapy helped tremendously, and very fast! Now I just need to keep an eye on my discipline and keep using the tools I've learned. We also figured out very well the underlying causes. One big relief! I hope it will last.