Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Gonnachange, I have not utilized this myself but I have read here at SR where others have completed the SMART Recovery worksheets that you can find on-line with a simple Google (SMART Recovery Worksheets) search.

I would attach the link but I am not sure if it violates the SR link policies.
Thanks SL. I'll look into it.

Originally Posted by BlindsidedBetty View Post
Hola Gonnachange, I've been following your thread for awhile. I appreciate your honesty. Your ability to control yourself is similar to my journey , but unfortunately, so is your obsession. It's exhausting, no? So much brain energy dedicated to staying between the lines. I have been successful in everything I have ever attempted, and now, at 40, I am learning genuine humility. A much needed virtue I might add! Thank you for sharing your stories. (And thanks to all of the SR angels who hover over you).
Yes, it's exhausting because it's not second nature. Yet. We're facing a tough adversary, but I can be very persistent.

I agree, the SR community is great.

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Thank GC your dinner sounds fantastic i did go with the potatoes funny enough

spk soon bud
Thanks SW. I think I wrote earlier that both of my college age kids were coming home for the weekend. My daughter who loves curries came home a day early and was thrilled when I told her what I was making tonight. My son, who doesn't enjoy the cuisine and is coming home tomorrow as originally planned, will not care that he missed tonight's dinner.