View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Justincredible

I really appreciate the knowledgable replies Art and Endgame. I really hope I find a great therapist to work with. I called around and discovered that there is in fact a place that is partnered with a local University that offers online sessions that I may check out in addition to my face to face meetings. There is also groups offered for anxiety and depression that I signed up for starting this Wednesday. As for the therapist option they are booking into June! Luckily they have a "walk-in" option every day which I could try just to talk to a few different therapists, and if I really connect with one and feel the session was a success I can book with that therapist instead of waiting until June.

Another thing that has been mentioned is the "goal" of therapy or as Endgame put it "why now?" that is an excellent question that I am giving some thought too. Obviously my situation has brought me to a point where I feel some de-briefing as well as some healing, but as for specifics its something I am thinking a little more on.

I am going to investigate the private sector, which I will have to pay for but I think the options will be greater, and it will be money well...invested.

Thanks I hope everybody is having a great day!