Old 03-12-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

thats a really tough question to answer. I voted 11-25%. helping others helps me becuase i re-read my own BS and it helps me swallow my own good advice as well. I've even had others call me out on something i said and throw it in my face a reminder i much needed.

It also helps me to see what a mess alcohol can do to people especially early on in sobriety its a godo reminder of where i was and where i dont wanna go back to if i can help it. Its down right terrible what this stuff can do and i have a very short memory and i'm stupid enough to forget how bad it was and pick it up again.

When people relapse this also helps me. I wont lie first couple times i dealt with someone else who relapsed i thougth Gee i wonder how it was if it was worth it cause boy i sure am thirsty and if this guy tells me it wasnt so bad I might go try a little bender / relapse myself hey why not right? well I have yet to meet someone who had a relapse / bender tell me it was even remotely worth it. The horror story they have from the expierience is enough for me to not go trying that route too.

I guess the point is my AV is always trying to scheme a way for me to go get drunk again and reading here keeps it in check which is kinda nice.