View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HurrySpring

Too compassionate for my own good

Hello,

I've been clean for a little over a year and have made lots of friends in NA. One particular woman - I'll call her Betsy - seems to be very much like me. We both have a bit of Borderline personality disorder. We are both professionals. She has lost her license and been in jail, but I had a higher bottom, thank God. The loss of my job brought me to recovery and I've managed to cut my losses, so far. Betsy and I have become friends.

Betsy celebrated one year clean a little bit after I did, although she's been in and out of recovery for a very long time. She was living with a long-time boyfriend, but the relationship had ended, and she was just renting a room from him, but she's been grieving the loss of the relationship.

About a month ago she took a handful of his blood-pressure medicine because she wanted him to pay attention to her. That didn't work. I was very pleased when she told me she was looking for another place to live. A couple of weeks ago I helped her move into a recovery house.

This past Friday she left an NA meeting and went out and did heroin. Now the recovery house has kicked her out. She's homeless and tells me she's "just grateful she has friends in recovery who will help her." She needs a place to live.

My sponsor tells me that this is Betsy's pattern and to not open my house to her. I don't want to open my house to her, but I'm an extreme pushover. I don't know how I'll be able to say No to her.

Any advice?

Thank you!