View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

Good evening everyone

Spent my second Sunday in a row working (unpaid) at my sisters restaurant again. Not quite sure how I got talked into that.

It is unusual to be in the position where London is enjoying nicer weather than other parts of the world. That doesn't happen very often (apparrantly London was hotter than Corfu yesterday)

The 90 day present sounds like a great idea LLG

Teebee I'm definitely in London proper - I live in a place called Shoreditch. It's mentioned in the old nurser rhyme "...when I grow rich. Said the bells of Shoreditch". It's about two miles north of the Thames and about a mile from the City of London. Harlow is about 15 miles north east of me - I go from time to time myself for work. Harlow is in the county of Essex which is often compared to New Jersey in the States (right down to the organised crime), but it is always open for business. My Ex wife lives in a place called Romford as do my daughters. It's where I lived as a kid for a while too

Lovehoops, I hope your husband can get through his business troubles and be in a better mood soon

James - I listened to the cricket surreptisciously at work. Expect sackings to commence soon