Old 03-09-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
samseb5351

Originally Posted by Calicofish View Post
I think I've finally got it. R is for recognition and that's it. It's not for rationalizing, relapse or reasoning. Simply recognize and move on. Hi beast! Don't you look stupid today. I see you. Now F-off.
Can you see what you just did there, you didn't "recognize and move on" you recognized and ridiculed. Your whole energy "for want of a better word" towards a AV is never to simply recognize. This can be evidenced by peoples verbal attacks, disgust or put downs BUT in my opinion the more subtle error "linguistically" is to give shape and form to an imaginary being and calling it a Beast in the first place. As much as many people demand that these descriptions are purely metaphoric, most attitudinal expressions of the AVRT are decidedly unmetaphoric. What tends to happen to many is a kind of Anthropomorphism and strange idea Addiction and an AV resides in a certain part of the brain, that this AV has a kind of "ghost in the machine" quality with its own motivations, desires and evil intent.