Old 03-07-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
periwinkle123

This is sadly very common in the beginning stages of recovery. It happened often when my AH would get clean, he would feel full on life and depressed and start thinking negatively of me and have a skewed view of the situation. It may get better, if he sticks to recovery and staying clean, it may not. In the meantime I really would suggest no contact with him. It's very hard and very lonely, but you don't need that extra stress right now (I know first hand.. I have a 6 month old and spent a lot of my pregnancy alone or revolving around his addiction or the roller coaster of his recoveries and anger and relapses). Your ex needs to deal with the emotional aspect of being clean and underlying issues, now that he's dealt with the physical part. It's a long process and a lot of heartache and not something you should feel responsible for or surround yourself with. Is there any chance you can visit family or anything? Try to branch out to a mommy group or prenatal yoga or something. Meet some other women. Or join a support group in your area. I ended up getting severe postpartum depression because of my environment. Don't do that to yourself or your baby. Hugs x