View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
larrylive
Not again

Rolling with the punches. Yep, that's me. Or maybe it's riding the wave.

5 weeks from now I would like to (finally) attend and receive A Recovery Coaching Certificate. This is the 2nd step in becoming a Peer-to-peer advocate. (The 1st step was, well step one,) The class is 30 hours over the course of 5 days. It's being held about 150 miles from me and I only own a bicycle. I also just started a "part-time" minimum wage job and the course alone is $450. (Are you thinking about the money? Because I'm not. It's taking a week off from the new "part-time" minimum wage job that may spice the chaos I call life.)
But i ain't getting any younger and paying out of pocket to finish college ain't happening with this job. So I must do what i must do.
And to add insult to injury, I am having trouble reading. And FYI; I am sitting in a room surround by about 1000 books. Woe is me.
It's time though, no more looking for the path, it's time to blaze a trail. So I am thinking a train, because I'll be able to bring the bike (I hope). Then I am thinking, if the weather quickens. I shall sleep in the tent. Food will be tricky but I am sure it'll work out. I did inqiure about hostels, but no word. Maybe there's a homeless shelter nearby.
So that's the 2nd step on the way to the Recovery Farm (I know, there's many stops on this trip) I hope to se you in the end.

Be Well,
Larry