Old 03-07-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

I consider the beast or AV as being a very delineated group of thoughts/urges/mental suggestions that view drinking as a positive. Not so much as the mechanism that gives rise to the voice. The lizard/reptilian/lower brain, or brain function is "there" , I can integrate its existence with the experience of some of its "products". The same mechanism can be said to be the source of such things , good things for survival, like the fight or flight response, the mechanism that inputs some physical sensation, or really the recognition of such sensations, like the feeling of thirst/hunger to trigger more thought on the subject that will lead to action.
For me all positive thoughts experienced about alcohol use are lumped together and assigned the term beast , I separate them from "myself" and dismiss them. The more time that has elapsed since my last drink, the less the need for war has arisen. I like my lizard brain, I need it really, I just dismiss its dumbass notions, about somethings
I choose not drink ever again, no matter what even "he" thinks about it. And he seems to be getting the idea , I hope he gave up forever, but even he hasn't , it won't change My mind.