View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lizatola

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I get great joy from talking to men...as friends, of course. I had avoided men like the plague when I was married because, well, I was married and I believed that men were to be acquaintances held at a distance. Friendship with men was a no no in my book. Which, by the way, was my book, no one told me to behave like this, it was my choice.

Anyway, I also have been reconnecting with a friend I used to work with about 17 years ago. He's a lawyer in Pittsburgh now but we have been chatting periodically on FB and it's just nice to treat men like humans instead of something to be avoided. I know that sounds weird, but I was pretty uptight when it came to protecting my marriage vows.

I got a call from a male friend in program last week, he needed advice about who to call to come in to speak at our meeting, and we talked for about 20 minutes about life and kids and my son was next to me on the couch. When I hung up, my son said, "It's nice to know I have a normal mom." Ummm, I have no idea what that meant, LOL, but I took it as a compliment. Normal??? I'll take normal over 'married to an alcoholic and gone stark raving mad in the process' anyday!