View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by Thomas45 View Post
Necklaces are a "very bad idea"™ in construction. They get caught on things when you lean over, they dig into your skin and cause painful rashes when you're loaded up with a harness + toolbelt + carrying materials on your shoulder, and as odd as it sounds, I know of people who have actually been electrocuted quite badly due to wearing necklaces.

On top of that, at least in formwork carpentry which is my current line of work, there is concrete dust everywhere. It floats around in the air as you walk around and work, and covers all your clothes and your skin. This dust is extremely abrasive, it's essentially like wrapping your body in sandpaper. When it gets between your necklace and your skin, the slight movements of the necklace will cause a necklace-shaped cut around your neck which is extremely painful. That's why jewelry of basically any kind is not a good idea.
Definitely agree - RAH builds aluminum cages & is often walking a very narrow beam 2 stories in the air. There have been so many jobsite horror stories of guys falling off cages, ladders, roofs & their necklaces snagging on things on their way down. His hands take a beating so when he tried wearing rings in the early days of this career they got bent, broken & chipped.

Of course, none of this should be an issue for a school administrator. I'm sorry TJD, what a load of Quacking!