View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
redatlanta

I was rolling this around n my head the other day. I am grateful that because of someone else's addiction that I addressed my codependency. I see in hindsight its why I chose the people I chose for relationships. They have for the most part been troublesome. I certainly could have addressed it before RAH it was clear to me that I couldn't be that unlucky for every relationship to end up with people that were really screwed up. I didn't address it until alcoholism entered my life and was above my pay grade to "fix".

I think I would have a hard time saying "I am grateful for alcoholism because....." It lends too much relevance to its existence. it would be a better world if it didn't exist. I know my experience with RAH and Al Anon helped me with my business associate who had addiction issues, and I severed the relationship. I wonder if I would have stayed in that trying to make it work had I not. Yeah, I am grateful I had Al Anon and education under my belt.

I am not glad RAH is an alcoholic nor any person who is an addict no matter what the benefit that I beget. Confusing to be thankful for what I got out of it yet hate the thing that did it.