View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 11:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
aldo1981

Hi Jarp

I also have been going to AA meetings I am in Scotland. I have been to 8 meetings over 8 weeks and find that they help I am way the youngest in the class.

The alcoholism and being grateful speech I am unsure of it probably means a lot of different things to different people. We all have different views on alcoholism but I can see your point where it is difficult to accept and hear others say that they are grateful for it?

I think we all bring something different to the meetings I for one like to hear how the older members of the group dealt with there problems they had less resources than are available today and some of the really simple things they have taught me are way the best and easiest to follow.

We are new to this and I understand how you feel I am still thinking should I be here, is this answer for me? But really it is.

After some time fooling myself that I didn’t have an issue with my drinking I accepted that I was an alcoholic who needed help and I got it so keep your chin up we are doing the best thing for us and just think in time we will be able to help others. In my mind that is what it is all about getting help today and repaying it tomorrow.

Stick in there,