View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
needtostopthis

Hi, I can relate. I am 34 and I felt like I was 104 some days. I had so many aches and pains, and GI issues, headaches and the worst was (still is) anxiety. I don't have a lot of advice as I am only 8 days sober but I was a binge drinker. I would drink about every 2-3 days and really tie one on. Vodka was my vice. I had been getting anxiety worse and worse, my biggest anxiety was about death, I worried all the time until I would give myself panic attacks, about my family dying. No one was even sick but it was my biggest worry for some reason. Anyway Since I stopped drinking I feel my anxiety has toned done a bit. Not gone that is for sure, but much better. I have talked to a lot of people who all agree alcohol only makes anxiety worse. My therapist said I had to stop as it was making me anxiety worse as well. So far so good. Am I cured, no way, I have a long way to go. Like I said I am only 8 days sober, but I figure it can only get better from here. I really think if I kept drinking like I was, I would not live a very long life. If you feel ready to quit, do it! I am telling you even at 8 days I am so thankful to have not picked up that drink every time I felt like just giving in. Good luck.