View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
immri

I'm only 46 days sober but doing reasonably well and by far my longest period of sobriety since 14 yrs old so incase it helps or interested-

What program or method you used? (If any?)

- I go to AA and have a sponser, thankfully where I am most in AA aren't too 'God big G' based, there's a lot of talk of nature and karma etc which is key for me as I do not believe in a creator in that sense, but can accept something bigger than myself/a universal power
- I like AVRT, I use some of that too
- I post here and read constantly
- I've been very honest (for once) with family and friends so have a different kind of support there
- I've been to pyschs and addiction counsellors, but these didn't work for me

How do you like it?

- I like it all mostly, I love the support I get here and from others, and AA is enjoyable to me, it grounds me and I feel connected to other people who understand. I get that here too, but it's easier to hide behind a computer so I like that I'm forced to confront things and be honest more in AA - which in turn makes me honest and accountable here and with family

Are you happy?

- up and down, early days and still foggy headed/irritable but actually even so overall I'm happier than I have been in many many years (perhaps ever?)

Do you feel better physically & mentally?

- MUCH even though there's a way to go, improvements are amazing.