Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Thursday could be a shovelling day around here, too.

Spring is going to be so Sweet.

Stay strong, Gonnachange; you can do this.
Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Looking now as possibly the most snow of the season.
After the gym this morning I spent another 45 minutes shoveling heavy slushy snow from my sidewalk and walkways. I'm letting mother nature take care of the driveway. We're supposed to get another 5-6 inches tonight. Oh joy. Not!

Last Night

Shortly after my last post my wife told me that due to the poor weather conditions her book club meeting was cancelled, but since the hostess had already prepared the meal she was turning a lemon into lemonade by inviting anyone who wanted to venture out to come over with their significant others. So instead of a quiet evening at home alone I went out. I also had 1.5 glasses of wine.

There. It's out and full disclosure has been made. I'm not condoning it or justifying it. And the reality is that while I knew it was wrong I'm not beating myself up for it. Not saying I'm happy about it, but I can write that I'm also not going to let it lead to me having anything to drink today or thinking that moderation is going to work for me.

I wrote yesterday that I planned on being at the gym early and I kept to my intended schedule despite me staying up until almost midnight to find out if I was chosen via the lottery to run this year's NYC Marathon. I was not. What does that have to do with anything? A lot, at least for me.

Knowing that I have a big lifting session ahead of me or that I'm in training for a long distance race has often been the little extra motivation I need to stay sober. So while I'm registered for a half marathon in the fall I'm going to start looking for another marathon to run in October or November.