View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
glitterdeva

I think it is AMAZING that you are taking charge of your health. I know for me when I am feeling down about myself, I feel that I am not worth it, I am too old, not in shape, too stupid, whatever, and then you get stuck on this one person. It happened to me before. Doing good things for myself is what's keeping me somewhat sane. My AH just relapsed and I immediately hit the bottle, stopped working out and stopped eating healthy. Briefly. Then back to AA, working out, getting myself together and I feel better. I think physical health is just as important as mental and spiritual. One day at the time. I actually started lifting weights 4 years ago. And never looked back. I don't really like cardio and found that you don't need to do alot of it. When I am mad and feel down, going to the gym, lifting something heavy and listening to my music is better then any drug/drink. The key is to do it Sounds like you are DOING it. It's a road, the way I look at it, a destination, you don't get there in 1 minute, its going to get us time. I am coming to accept that nothing is on my terms and I am not in control of anything.