View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Iquit992

Health anxiety/headaches/quit?

Hi all,

I'm a 25 year old male that feels like he's going on 55 due to an ever growing list of ailments and health problems which I believe are related to my alcohol consumption

As I lay here in bed trying to get to sleep at 2am, I'm really genuinely thinking about giving up the drink for a while.

I've been drinking about 3-5 a day and 30+ over the weekend for a few years now. The last couple of years hade been bad... I've had panic attacks that have put me in the ER, my gallbladder removed, surgery on my tendons after a drunken bar fight, 3rd degree burns to my hand from
A drunken mishap & most recently admitted to hospital for severe headaches.

I do not feel well at all, i have headaches daily which leave me bed ridden. Doctors have given me the all clear with bloods, CT scan, lumbar puncture & MRI. For half of my day every day I am googling and obsessing over my health convinced that something is wrong ...!!!

I'm starting to think that alcohol is the key culprit for me feeling so unwell and anxious.

I guess I'm looking for some support and reassurance... How were you all feeling when you decided to quit ? Or, if you haven't quit, how are you feeling now both physically and mentally ?

Lastly... If you have quit, how are you feeling now?

Appreciate the support and thanks for reading