View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
allmirages

Aurora, so sorry you are having a hard time. I think it is wise to delete all people associated with your x. I just deleted my own FB last night. I had previously deleted his family members but I needed more of a break as I was too tempted to put my nose where it doesn't belong. Every time I would see a post by him or tagged in a picture, it put me back at square one. Every..single...time. I went a few weeks having ups and downs then feeling a bit of peace so I looked, then BAM....the flood of feelings came back. My worrying about him, not understanding why he cut me off, etc. Just all the stuff that is not mine to worry about. All the stuff that makes me sick, and not healthy.

I'm sorry, I don't remember, but do you have Alanon or another support group in your area? I used to go to Naranon and just started Alanon a few weeks ago. I had interaction with my x and found out it was more lies so I had a terrible day, full of being upset and crying. I actually couldn't keep it together while I was sitting in the meeting..I just started to cry so I walked out. It took 10min or so but I gathered myself together and said this meeting is FOR ME. I NEED THIS. I am not going to let him negatively affect my life. I need to work on me. Maybe that would work for you, as well.

Please keep posting. I know what you mean about just typing it all out...just getting it out of your head. As with any break up, it takes time to heal. I also believe it takes time for our brain to process it. Keep your head up, you will get through this. We are here for you, you are not alone. We can all related. Hugs to you!