View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GracieLou

I am sorry you are having a rough day.

My advice to you, remove or block those people on FB. I had to do this with many of my family members and some of them did nothing or said nothing but the drama would have went from them to others and back. I didn't want drama anymore.

At first it was hard, I missed their posts but just like the alcoholic or the addict that stops booze or drugs there is a grieving and withdrawal stage that has to happen so you can move on.

If it is to hard to do them all then do one a day or one a week and don't look back. I personally ripped the band-aid off in one fail swoop. That way the tears, the anger and the pain was a one time deal instead of in piece meal. Is is hard but now I can see it was me closing that door and not letting the pain sneak back in anymore.

If an addict does not close the door, they let the chaos back in and they relapse. Same goes for us. Letting the pain back in takes away our serenity in much the same way and we relapse. We go back to that vicious "why me?, whats wrong with me?, they are all moving on without me!", cycle that does not end unless we take the steps to end it.

Say a prayer and remove them. It was quite freeing to move on even though it is painful to do so.

Everything is going to be okay