View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lucashood

Thanks for the Welcome folks

I bought a program called Alcohol lied to me by Craig back, I have listened to a few chapters and the basic idea is to change your idea about Alcohol, basically to see it what it really is so that its not a matter of will power that you don't drink but because you simply do not want to.

I think Allen Carr's book takes the same approach, I believe this is the only way for me. Will power will not work for , to stop something I would love to still have is too tough for me its too tough for anyone.

I have read a few threads here and one in particular caught my eye, where the poster says the thought of looking in the mirror and saying I can never have a drink again is awful. But that's where our drug of choice has caught us, its the marketing,we are not seeing alcohol for what it really is beautifully packaged poison , instead of saying I cant ever have a drink again how about re-phrasing it and instead saying I get to not drink disinfectant anymore, its not fine wine , beer, whiskey you are denying yourself , its Poison, nothing more