View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lucashood

Where do I begin

I an a 36 year old guy from Ireland and I have a big problem with the Alcohol. I am single and don't have any dependents, I cant say I have much of a social life drinking or otherwise, basically my life is go to work, drink at home on my own in the evenings and repeat, at the weekends I just stay in all weekend drinking on my own watching TV, its not really a life. I drink because A. it comforts me and B. I'm bored. My drink of choice, red wine, I love the stuff, if I am out with friends it will be beer, I rarely do spirits, I don't really care for them, I drink around 2 bottles of wine a night, perhaps over a week a little less. Regards what I am like when I am drunk, because I have such a high tolerance I don't ever get to stage where I'm out of my mind, I am very mellow, I don't start fights , abuse people or black out. The reason I want to give up is because I am also overweight and with the drink comes the food, I could very much control the food without drinking because I love eating when I have wine, Obviously my health is a factor also, would appreciate any advice