View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Dollyangel17

Hi Moms...

Welcome Jen! I am a mom to an 8 year old girl, and I just hit 22 months sober the other day. I was a daily drinker since my daughter was born with the last year or 2 of my drinking getting really bad with sneaking drinks in the morning before work and drinking nips of brandy in the bathroom stall at work.

Never thought I could live without alcohol, but here I am close to 2 years sober with my life improved in almost every way. I am so much healthier, I am a better mom, we are financially comfortable again, and more importantly...I am no longer being kept awake at night worrying I wouldn't be alive to see my daughter graduate high school...get married...all the important events a girl needs her mom around for!!

So in short....this sober life has been worth ever struggle getting here. It's not easy...especially in the early stages, but if you just hang in there....we can do this:-)

Welcome again.

Hi Lady....can't believe your little one is 3 months already!! Yeah...you older girl is probably just feeling some separation and afraid she is missing out on mommy time. I'm sure it'll won't last long.

Well I had a drinking dream the other night....first one in a while, but it was still unsettling. I dreamt I got a pint of brandy, took a swig then stashed it under my mattress. I woke up and was soooo relieved it was a dream, but as I said...still bothered me because under the mattress was one of my hiding spots. I would stash it there so during the night when I had my usual insomnia I could reach down and grab it so I could swig from it while hubby slept...having it so close to me in bed was handy because I wouldn't have to get out of bed and risk waking my husband up...how sad is that?

Well...hope all is well. Check back later