Old 03-02-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
selpats

Originally Posted by allmirages View Post
Selpats, I am so, so, very sorry for your pain. It is eerily odd how your story mirrors mine...down to the details you posted...even the time frame! I get exactly what you are saying about the disrespect, that is what hurts me the most. It's been almost 5 weeks since I last talked/fought with my x and he cut me off. I find that keeping a daily journal helps me to process this. I refuse to let his obnoxious behavior ruin my self-worth, and don't let your x affect yours! I know 100% that I am better off, but I cannot lie.....I feel really hurt and betrayed, just as you described.

But, you know, whatever he has going on with someone else, it won't be a healthy situation. He's shown that he isn't focusing on his recovery, and from what I keep reading, that has to be the main priority. As Zoso has also said many times "sick attracts sick".

We are here for support, so please keep posting. Hugs to you!!
As soon as I found out he had a girlfriend, I honestly thought of you, and what you said to me in the previous thread. It's one of the hardest things I'm sure either of us will encounter, but I'm trying to focus on myself, as you said. I also keep a journal where I write poetry and my thoughts. It really helps, and I would recommend it to anyone in this situation. I also plan on taking your advice and attending a Naranon meeting when I move into my new place and get settled.

As far as what you said about it being an unhealthy relationship, I totally agree, and it's so shameful of me that I'm happy it won't work out. You can't be in a healthy relationship with someone who isn't physically or mentally healthy. I'm sad for her because I know she will either cause him to relapse or end up with her heart broken like mine.

But yes, the disrespect and the lack of attention towards to feelings of the women who supported them is the most disappointing part of our story's isn't it? We are left with broken hearts, while they move on. Life is unfair sometimes.