Old 03-02-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
selpats

Exboyfriend in recovery already as a new girlfriend

To those of you who have not seen my threads before, my ex boyfriend and I were together for 2 years. We were living together when he started using. Last October he was arrested on drug related charges. Since then, we had been long distance (only 1.5 hours away so we saw each other often). He has been sober since then, and I have supported him through his recovery (rehab, continuing care, etc.). In December/January I visited him for an entire month. I thought our relationship was healing and better than it had been in 6 months. However, a week after I returned from my month-long stay with him, he broke up with me out of no where. He claimed he needed to focus on his recovery. However, last week I discovered he already has a new girlfriend, only 3 weeks after we broke up. When I confronted him about it, he basically tried to blame everything that has happened on me. Not taking any responsibility for himself. Pathetic. It confirmed everything for me. It's how he was able to drop me so easily. It was why he was acting like he didn't care. Because he doesn't. He has another distraction, and it's clear to me now that he never cared at all. He's a liar. He lied about everything in our relationship, right down to the reason he broke up with me because he was too much of a coward to tell me that he met someone else. I'm not stupid. I know it's because I most likely remind him of a dark time in his life, but after everything I sacrificed, and everything I did for him, is it too much to ask to be treated with some damn respect? I'm at a loss right now. I'm just so angry, I can't even bring myself to give a damn about him anymore. It feels like a petty thing to say, but I honestly hate every fiber of his being for being such a narcissistic, selfish, disrespectful person. I don't think drug addiction gives him the excuse to walk all over me like a doormat. I won't go into details but he has ruined a lot of what I had going for me in my life, and he doesn't care at all. He ruined his own life, and brought me down with him, but all he cares about is his f*cking self. I seriously think he may be a sociopath. I'm just trying to focus on myself, but I am just so angry that I wasted 2 years of my life with someone who did nothing but ruin everything good I had going for me.