Thread: Relapse...
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RedDog735

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Not really as different as you might be thinking. Addiction is addiction & every addict has different habits & thresholds of how they manage their addiction. Binge drinkers are just as much alcoholics as daily drinkers, it isn't all about volume & frequency.

I promise, if you continue thinking of him as "terminally unique" you will be making excuses for a lot of unacceptable behavior.

Not sure what you think you SHOULD be doing but, IMO, if he's embarrassed about his behavior then HE'S the one that should be asking that question & looking for ways to change his behavior.

What I would be doing is worrying about taking care of ME. What do you do for yourself in recovery? Meetings? Hobbies? Counseling?
Firesprite,it is just a difficult time in my life because I am working as a new nurse, in a new city, and going to school (getting a masters). I miss my friends, family, etc. I don't know too many people around here. Lately I have just been going to the local library to study, read, or find some quiet time. I am not interested, nor do I have much time, to go to counseling or alalon. Work keeps me busy, but since I see psychiatric patients on a day to day basis, it triggers me, and I automatically want to talk to my AxB.