View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
cookiesncream

My undoing, and I will leave certain details out for privacy, was the day I left the car running and locked my keys and phone in the car while it was running, while transferring the stash. I've used the odometer in my car and is was less than a half a mile from home. Much drama ensued and I'll leave further details our but hubbie was ENRAGED. A codie crossed is not a pretty site. Not only was I told if this ever happened again that I was history but he let all of our friends and family know. I will say that worked. I haven't had a drink since. So if you're looking for something that will force the issue it was quite effective with me. If however you want a maintain a healthy relationship if he does get sober this is not a good approach. Ours had become a parent child relationship. Not good. I spent the past year dry but angry and resenting him. I keep yapping about it on these forums but a year into recovery I finally couldn't live in this dynamic, got a recommendation of the Boundaries book series, and am digging into them to find ways to correct the dynamic as a whole and create the equality in the marriage, one of two adults, to move forward in healing.