View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cusper

I can totally relate. My husband still drinks and when I decided to get sober I have to say it wasn't easy. I was in a similar position to you, he didn't think I was an alcoholic and even when I told him the things that I went through I still believe he thought I was being dramatic when I quit. It's not easy at all. There were many times that I wanted to leave him the first 9 months. Things are better now and I know that I made the right decision for me. You can do it. What people told me on here when I posted was that your husband is probably concerned too that things are going to change. Also, that you might force him to get sober and he doesn't want to. Feel free to message me if you need to talk. I have to say, it's been 15 months for me and my husband drinks much much less than he did before. It didn't happen overnight but he is changing and listening more now. Mind you, he doesn't drink the way I did.
Keep your focus and just work on getting well. I didn't start to talk to him about his drinking until I had about 6 months under my belt. It's a difficult situation, but take each day as it comes. I think my quitting has had some impact on him for the better but it's taken some time.