View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
LvWrAM123

Thanks for all your kind words. Yes, I was absolutely feeling helpless and desperate 24 hours ago-And scratching for something to control.

RAH told me this morning that he poured out the wine last night, but then found a mini fridge with beer out on the patio. But he said it didn't matter because he didn't even feel like drinking.

Only thing I said was I hope you are feeling like you have the resources to keep you head straight. Thought that was supportive without being naggy or controlling.

He said his dad had a friend who goes to AA and would take him to a meeting if he wanted. He also told me he had talked to his sponsor-who very ironically lost his dad to the exact same thing-aortic abdominal anyuerism, 2 weeks ago. Not sure if that is "good" or "bad" that they now have this unexpected loss of a parent in common, but it isn't my business. Later Tonite he texted me that he went to the gym, went to an AA mtg, and rented a movie with his dad and brother.

You are right-he's got this recovery thing figured out! I'm back to working on me!

Thanks again-